Thursday, June 11, 2009

Water


This is the simplest thought, but today as I bathed my girls and watched the water turn murkey (they were a little over-due for a tubby :) ) I decided to drain the tub and refill it with fresh water to rinse them off. As the tub was emptying of the murky water and refilling with fresh, I was reminded of how incredible blessed I am. I have clean water at the turn of a faucet, any time a day. I have so much clean water that I can drain a tub and refill it to make sure my little princesses are adequately clean. And I remembered that a bath, even in murky water, is a luxury for many children...children I know and have come to love that live in Honduras. And while my heart felt somewhat guilty for bathing my girls in such luxury, I didn't dwell there. Instead, I thanked God that He has made us so rich as to have clean water whenever, wherever for me and my children. Thank you, Father!

No comments: