I'm in a season right now of inner struggle for a dear and precious friend. It is so hard to stand by and pray when one you love so dearly is being broken in every way and feels like she can't even stand up under the strain that is being placed upon her life. All of me wants to just run to her and fix it all up for her; cover her pain, heal her heart, and make her whole again. Yet, this isn't something I'm qualified to do. The One I serve and adore is the only One capable of such a feat.
As I was meeting with the Lord this morning and drawing my breath and life from Him this dear friend was on my heart. And yet, as I read the words of Brother Lawrence Practicing the Presence of God (I highly recommed this priceless classic!) I found such comfort in the Lord. He writes:
"I am in pain to see you suffer so long. What gives me some ease and sweetens the feelings I have for your griefs is that they are proofs of God's love toward you....Ask of God, not deliverence from your pains, but strength to bear resolutely, for the love of Him, all that He should please, and as long as He shall please."
"We must make our heart a spiritual temple, wherein to adore Him incessantly. We must watch continually over ourselves, that we may not do or say nor think anything that may displease Him...I know that to arrive at this state the beginning is very difficult, for we must act purely in faith. But though it is difficult, we know also that we can do all things with the grace of God, which He never refuses to them who ask it earnestly. Knock and persevere in knocking and I answer for it that He will open to you in His due time, and grant you all at once what He has deferred for many years...Pray to Him for me as I pray to Him for you."
No comments:
Post a Comment