Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Out of this world


…is how I can describe how I’m feeling as I prepare for my week-long short term mission trip in Honduras. What started out as a passion to go on this short-term mission trip has morphed into a whole other thrill. On Wednesday, September 10th I will have the priviledge of being picked up by a Compassion International representative in Tegucigalpa, Honduras. We’ll travel 2 hours in the car to the Compassion site in Comayagua where I will finally meet our sponosored child of 9 years! His name is Enyel. It’s hard to put into words how significant this is to both Reid and I, who have daily prayed over this boy and written letters back and forth to him.
I will have the opportunity to look into his eyes, laugh with him, meet his family and his teachers, and share lunch with him. Enyel’s letters are always full of colored pictures, lots of questions, and stories about what is going on in his world. I can’t wait to step into that world…even if it’s for but a few hours!

No comments: